Hotel Boat Kailani is a wide beam narrowboat, 65 feet long x 12 feet wide (20 x 3.7 metres). That´s a full 5 feet (1.5 metres) wider than a traditional narrowboat. She provides first class accommodation for upto 4 discerning guests in 2 cabins, each with private en-suite facilities, cruising the canals and rivers of Southern England on 3 to 7 night 5 star breaks.
Kailani was built and fitted out by Aqualine Marine Ltd, Europe´s foremost wide beam boat builder.
Onboard facilities include:
- Rated 5 stars by Visit England each year since 2014.
- 12v and 240v appliances, comprehensive entertainment system, satellite TV, DVD, radio, and internet connection.
- 2 private en-suite cabins: one double and one twin.
- Catering onboard, providing a full board licensed service
- Spacious saloon and dining area.
- Fully insulated and centrally heated.
- Open bow deck with padded seating for up to 6 people.
- Cruiser-style rear deck with bench seating (where the skipper is definitely in charge!)
- Wifi available
- Hardwoord floors
- Leather seating
- Nutribullet blender for healthy options
- Nespresso machine with extensive range of Grand Crus
- Dressing gowns, slippers, linens and toiletries are provided
- Board and card games and internet games if required
Both our spacious cabins have private en-suite shower rooms. They are carpeted and include bespoke made, pocket sprung mattress, high quality bed linens, towels, toiletries, wardrobe, dressing table and storage.
We take care of you, both being qualified RYA Inland Waterways Helmsmen and crew. From the early morning cup of tea, full breakfast, morning coffee and biscuits, luncheon, afternoon tea and cakes, evening meal, drinks and more.
Dorenda and Gordon have many years experience of customer service in hotels, convention centres and private homes, as well as afloat. Also to welcome you is our faithful companion, Bonnie, who loves to have her tummy rubbed.
On board, your safety is paramount and your complete pleasure is our aim. Some basic matters will be explained before we begin, including the wearing of buoyancy aids, basic boat safety (leaning over the side in tunnels) and running along the boat roof (not a good idea) and how not to fall in the water!! All will be explained at the start of your cruise. We will also explain how you can help us in locks, mooring, knots and other on-board matters.
We will be pleased to welcome you and look after you on Kailani.